As a qualified physical / sports injury therapist, I treat many different muscle/tendon/ligament injuries. These injuries can range from shoulder tension as a result of poor posture to acute injuries from high-intensity sport.
Below is a list of some of the common injuries that I see regularly. This is by no means an extensive list of the injuries or ailments that I treat, it is merely an overview.
Muscle strains Sciatica
Osteoarthritis Neck / shoulder pain
Lower back pain Golfer / tennis elbow
If you are unsure of what kind of injury you may have, if you are in pain and don’t know what to do, feel free to get in touch to discuss your particular issue, and what options are available to you.
All injuries are treated holistically which means that I look not only at fixing the problem but also assessing why it happened in the first place and how to prevent it reoccurring in the future. This is achieved by:
- Carrying out an oral assessment -Talking to you about how the injury occurred, the sport or activity involved, stress levels, diet & lifestyle
- Postural assessment & specific tests to determine the extent of the injury
- A hands-on treatment using a range of techniques
- Aftercare advice which may include rehabilitation exercises and or nutrition/ lifestyle suggestions
Throughout the treatment, a range of techniques will be used. These may include :
- Deep Tissue Massage – To increase circulation and relax muscle fibres
- Neuromuscular technique – To eliminate muscle spasm & reduce pain
- Muscle Energy Technique – To increase flexibility
- TCM techniques such as Acupuncture, Tuina, moxibustion & cupping – To treat stagnation, alleviate pain and encourage healing.
Price: €50 per session
Approximately 45 minutes per session